Translate

Saturday

Vegan Creamy Kale Sauce

Hey everybody, I'm back with a brand new vegan sauce recipe that I've been enjoying lately.

This is one was adapted from a recipe from Simply Vegan (Barbara's Kale Sauce), and its real simple to make.

Kale packs a huge bunch in the nutrition department, but some have a problem with its dull and earthy flavor. The ingredients here help to give is an interesting kick you're sure to like.

Vegan Kale Sauce

Ingredients
Beautiful kale

  • 2 cups plain soy milk
  • 1/3-1/2 cup nutritional yeast
  • 1/2 tsp each: dill, thyme, basil
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper (opt)
  • 3 tsp flour (whole wheat only - do not use unbleached white)
  • 4 medium/large leaves of kale


Add everything except the kale to a saucepan and whisk over medium
heat (any higher and the soymilk will burn)

Steam kale for about 1-3 minutes, depending on how crunchy you like it.  Remove and cut up in small pieces.

When the sauce is thoroughly heated, add the kale pieces. Stir until ready to serve. Remove from heat
immediately, and serve.


1 comment:

  1. I'm very new to veganism so thank you sooooo much for posting this. Pretty good recipe with the potential for greatness! I'm not a huge fan of dill or thyme but I thought I'd make it as stated just to see... good but I think next time I'll reduce the quantity of thyme and dill, increase the garlic and maybe add some onion powder.
    I'm excited to try more sauces in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete