Translate

Monday

Vegan Cheese Sauce

I have something that I really need to admit here...

If there was one food that is my weakness every time, that would be Cheese.

Luckily I'm not alone when I decided to make the commitment to live responsibly and become a Vegan.

Vegan Cheese is amazing!

Courtesy of Vegan Feast Kitchen

Here is one of my favorite recipes that I use all the time.

BRYANNA'S CHEDDARY SPREAD
Yield: 1 and 3/4 cups


From my book "Soyfoods Cooking for a Positive Menopause".

12.3 oz (1 box) extra-firm SILKEN tofu, crumbled
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons miso (NOT the dark variety)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika (for a new flavor use all or half smoked sweet paprika [pimenton])
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic granules or powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder

Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until VERY smooth.

Spoon into a covered container and refrigerate several hours to firm up. Keeps refrigerated about 1 week.

Nutrition Facts
Nutrition (per 2 tablespoons)
: 38.3 calories; 39% calories from fat; 1.8g total fat; 0.0mg cholesterol; 187.5mg sodium; 106.5mg potassium; 2.7g carbohydrates; 1.0g fiber; 0.5g sugar; 1.8g net carbs; 3.7g protein; 0.7 points.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This looks amazing, you can't go wrong with nooch. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete